Expert Columns /
This newsletter is online
- Previous Edition
- Like Us!
Discount on 9th annual SPAR International Conference
Hello Geo tech Professional...
Welcome again to another jam-packed Geo tech news roundup!
To begin, a little something for those of you at ASPRS
in Sacramento, CA this week or simply following the event. From our colleague Gene Roe who manages our LiDARnews publication - Monday and Tuesday are reserved for a variety of workshops, user groups and committee meetings including a classified session, and on Tuesday at 1:00 PM the Mobile LiDAR committee. The conference theme, Imaging and Geospatial Technologies - Into the Future, offers a glimpse into a fascinating program filled with technical sessions, keynote speakers, workshops and more. The conference officially opens Wednesday morning with a series of keynotes, award presentations and scholarship announcements. LiDARnews will be on the hall floor in a booth and will be passing out volume 1 of the new LiDAR Magazine (Print) - Note: you can also view a fun e-mag (iPad) friendly version of LiDAR Magazing Vol2 right now HERE
- enjoy ASPRS to those of you headed there or be sure to also follow @ASPRSorg on twitter and hashtag #asprs. Finally, be sure to check out details of some featured presentations
from this week's event
Some of the latest tidbits and tech tips I've shared with the community via my AnyGeo (blog.gisuser.com
THE VA Challenging Mobile / Map Developers to Help Homeless With Project Reach Competition
- an awesome chance for developers to do some social good and also walk away with some nice $$; details of a special SPAR 2012 Discount Registration; GeoDigital Extends LiDAR as Art - 2 Contest, open to the public through May 31, 2012; James Niehues Ski trail maps, panoramas, and map art - some beautiful work and an amazing display of art that any geographer will appreciate; Details of how the City of Troutdale Oregon Makes Huge GIS stride. Have a great week all, be sure to check out all the new Geo Career Opportunities
and remember that you can join us and 2,500+ other pros who've Liked us on facebook
Share this newsletter with your colleagues!
Comments or Tips? Please Contact Us
|Sponsored by MapText|
Need High-Quality Labeling for your Map Projects?
MapText is the leading provider of cartographic label-placement solutions for desktop and web applications worldwide. Our software is compatible with all major GIS systems (Autodesk Map, ArcGIS, GeoMedia, GeoMedia WebMap, MapInfo, Microstation). You get high-quality labels placed automatically for any kind of map or chart at incredible speeds. Online demos available upon request. Visit us online or email email@example.com for more info.
THE VA Challenging Mobile / Map Developers to Help Hmeless With Project Reach Competition
- This is a terrific opportunity for mobile mapping professionals and LBS developers - An innovative competition from the VA (via Challenge.gov initiative) launches in a couple of days in an effort to spur on the developer community to create useful mobile apps that can help the homeless and others that are in need.
Application Feature - Integrated Information of Highway Bus Routes
- To meet people's right to know and enable them to query bus information such as routes, stop information and so forth, "Highway Bus Information System" was announced to public in 2009.
Video VRMesh v7.0 - solution for LiDAR point cloud classification and feature extraction
- The key contributions of VRMesh Survey are its unique capability to automatically classify point clouds under extreme variations in terrain and its excellent functionalities that allow you to extract building footprints and create 3D buildings in one click.
Geo Image of the day
Is your company, your app, your service, or you social media (twitter, facebook, YouTube,linkedIn group) listed in the GISuser Industry Directory? Get your Free GISuser Directory Listing HERE!
Got news... Send your news, tips, article submissions or ? to
Using iOS 5: Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System
If you've upgraded but aren't sure what's new, or are considering upgrading but want to know what you're getting into, this manual from author Lachlan Roy is what you looking for. Looking for more iPhone, iPad and iOS news and tips? See HERE
Got details of a cool Geo app, WMS, or other service? Contact us
We maintain a huge GEO industry directory
with hundreds of listings. Are you listed? Make sure your company gets listed... we offer a Free, basic listing, or a more detailed, enhanced option
for a little more exposure and some awesome added SEO!
Featured Listing Pacific Alliance Technologies
- Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT) is a leading provider of GIS, web-based mapping, architectural, and engineering software, specializing in the customization, implementation, training and support of these solutions.
Get Listed HERE
|Sponsored by Penn State World Campus|
Professionals in the demanding field of GIS and geospatial intelligence can advance their skills, knowledge, and careers through the highly regarded online graduate programs, offered by Penn State's World Campus. Get the flexibility of online courses - studying whenever and where you want - plus ongoing interaction with expert educators and fellow graduate students.
Visit Penn State World Campus online for more info.
Each day in this section we'll update you about Geospatial conferences, training, seminars,
webinars, and relevant events. Feel free to make a suggestion for future consideration and be sure to see our Events Calendar. A Tip... Are you a on LinkedIn? If so then consider connecting with over 20,000 other GIS professionals via our GISuser LinkedIn Group and see also our facebook Page!
Where2.0 - where the people working on and using location technologies come together to explore best practices and emerging trends in software development, tools, business strategies, and marketing. April 2-4, 20112, San Francisco, CA -- Mapping rocks at #whereconf 2012 - OS stacks, indoor mapping, AR, more. Reserve your seat + save 20% w/ WHR12GISU
SPAR 2012 Discount Registration - Please join LiDAR News at the 9th annual SPAR International Conference on "End-to-End 3D" taking place April 15-18, 2012 at The Woodlands (Houston), Texas. We've secured a special 10% off rate for our valued readers to attend this world-class conference
ERDAS Webinars - DIY Transportation Planning with Intergraph's Remote Sensing and Data Management Tools - During this webinar, Intergraph will demonstrate how easy it is to use our remote sensing and data management tools to accomplish all the same workflows yourself. April 11, 2012
Time to Jam - Google Code Jam That Is! @googlecodejam - Via the Google Code crew.. details of Google Code Jam 2012. The competition consists of four online rounds, culminating in the world finals. This year, the final round will be held at Google's office in New York City, USA this July.
Esri Developer Summit - The Esri Developer Summit (DevSummit) brings together developers and GIS professionals from all over the globe. March 26-29, 2012 in Palm Springs, CA. The DevSummit features user presentations detailing GIS success stories, technical sessions on hot topics and new software functionality, and one-on-one advice from Esri development staff.
Hexagon 2012 - Think Forward at the annual event, June 4-7, 2012, Las Vegas, NV
View news about future events and webinars HERE
Interested in having GISuser help promote or deliver your webinar? Contact us
Send your event info to editor[at]gisuser.com to make sure you get listed in the Calendar
Senior GIS Specialist, Loveland, CO
- This is a professional level, technically oriented position that requires the ability to continuously learn new technical skills and client information processes.
GIS Technician, MO
- Provides infrastructure asset data stewardship. Responsible for stewardship of infrastructure asset spatial and tabular databases to ensure adherence to Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS) and infrastructure asset management system governance requirements. Responsible for migration of Division's existing and future CAD data to the EGIS
GIS Developer/Analyst AZ
- Pima Association of Governments (PAG) seeks qualified applicants for a full time GIS Developer/Analyst. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining web-based and desktop tools to enhance spatial analysis and information distribution needs supporting the regional planning work of our organization.
Geographic Information Systems(GIS) Analyst, KY
- The Facilities Management at the University of Kentucky is seeking an outstanding professional to provide technical leadership, expertise, and support to the Geographical Information System (GIS) services area which manages the University's enterprise GIS systems.
Support Analyst - GIS, Charlotte (Esri)
- Do you have a unique combination of strong technical and customer service skills? Learn about the latest Esri technology in this consultative support role while providing timely, expert assistance to our customers by phone, e-mail, and chat. Join the team whose mission is to put into practice Esri's long standing commitment of servicing and responding to our user community.
Do you need a GIS professional on your team? Post Your Career Ad HERE for just $29
or ask us about our annual Career Posting Account option - unlimited job posting for a whole year! Post your job online and you'll also get attention via the GISuser LinkedIn Group and Twitter!
(To list your HOT Job for some added exposure and support our efforts, contact jobs at
gisuser.com - List your Career opportunity online for 60 days and right here in the newsletter)
Send your job ad to jobs[at]gisuser.com
<< Go To The career center >>
We maintain the fun, educational, and informative tech blog
AnyGeo - Anything geospatial. Look for tips, tricks, and commentary about GIS, Geo, mobile, social, and basically, anything geospatial!
|Sponsored by Juniper Systems|
The Mesa Rugged Notepad is the first of its kind, featuring the advantages of both a tablet PC and a rugged handheld computer, without the disadvantages of either. The Mesa Geo 3G includes integrated GPS, a 3.2MP camera, and an AT&T network-approved 3G data modem for excellent real-time wireless connectivity. Demo a Mesa Rugged Notepad today!
For more information, please visit Juniper Systems.
The following are some HOT articles and items of interest on GISuser:
you can connect with more than 20,000+ other GIS professionals via LinkedIn
via our popular GIS Professionals Group
- Also, connect with 2500 others via the GISuser facebook page
Looking Ahead: A Cloud Report from 2015
- Cloud computing is expected to change the face of IT over the next several years. Learn why BMC Software's chief information officer foresees a future in which organizations realize how secure the public cloud is, underutilization of hardware is a thing of the past and daily business operations are more productive.
The Return on Investment of Open Source Data Integration
- More than a theoretical report, the ROI Study provides not only hard numbers but also the tools IT organizations need to assess the return on investment of open source, and to compare this ROI with the one of alternative options: manual coding, and proprietary data integration solutions.
Historical Map Collection Lewis and Clark's Track, 1814
- A map of Lewis and Clark's track across the western portion of North America, from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean : by order of the executive of the United States in 1804, 5 & 6 / copied by Samuel Lewis from the original drawing of Wm. Clark; 19x40. This map is 40 inches long by 19 inches high!
ADVERTISE with Spatial Media LLC (GISuser.com, Amerisurv.com, MachineControlOnline.com, LiDARNews & LBSzone.com)Spatial Media LLC GISuser.com Media Kit
- our Media kit with rates and ad options is now available for those
interested in reaching customers via GISuser.com,LBSzone.com, SymbianOne.com, Amerisurv.com, and The American Surveyor Magazine. Interested in reaching a large, targeted audience of geospatial technology end-users, LBS professionals, technology managers, and key decision makers? Don't forget to start planning your 2011 ad placement and promotions with GISuser now!
more details and sponsorship information for online banner ads, newsletter sponsorship, and email list