Expert Columns /
This newsletter is online
- Previous Edition
Geo Career - GIS Technical Systems Analyst, Washington State
Hello Geo tech Professional...
Welcome to a busy Tuesday edition of our Geo tech news roundup... loads of goodies here so be sure to take some time and browse this one today! You'll notice a few career related resources provided. Employment and professional development is indeed a hot topic these days so I've paid a bit of attention to that space today, you'll also notice that the news releases have been split out into categories to make it a little easier for you to skim the headlines. First, I rolled out a feature that looks at a number of companies that are aggressively hiring Geo profesionals
(more than 10 of them actually). A number of companies are hiring Geo and location Tech professionals, particularly professionals with programmer / developer skills. Here's a short list of 10+ opportunities to consider from the following companies: Esri, Esri Canada, Intergraph, Latitude Geographics, Safe Software, OpenGeo, New Century software, Pacific Power, Spatial Networks, Telvent, Ubisense, and NBT Solutions. Do you have a job to share? Send details to jobs @ gisuser.com. Finally, social media is playing an important role in people's job search. Finding a job is challenging indeed, however, more and more folks are turning to Twitter for that edge. I've just rolled out an article that takes a closer look at how to use Twitter to find a job, I look at a recent GeoGeek success story, thanks to twitter, and finish off with a number of common sense tips and tricks. See complete details and loads of tips in this article
Be sure to have a look around the GISuser career Center
as a number of new Career opportunities have been listed this week... Employers, be sure to take advantage of this resource for your next hire! Be sure to also scope out our LinkedIn Group
where more than 18,000 of you have already joine... wow! Have a great week all! You can always reach me @gletham or via email to editor at gisuser.com
. PS: Have you checked out LiDARNews
and details of our new, LiDAR Magazine
(Print) yet?? It's awesome...
Share this newsletter with your colleagues!
Comments or Tips? Please Contact Us
|Sponsored by Juniper Systems|
The Mesa Rugged Notepad is the first of its kind, featuring the advantages of both a tablet PC and a rugged handheld computer, without the disadvantages of either. The Mesa Geo 3G includes integrated GPS, a 3.2MP camera, and an AT&T network-approved 3G data modem for excellent real-time wireless connectivity. Demo a Mesa Rugged Notepad today!
For more information, please visit www.junipersys.com.
Using Social Media and Twitter To Land The Perfect Job - Tips, Tricks, Trends and a Happy Ending
- Like many of you, I'm sure you're astounded by the number of your contacts, friends, and associates that have changed jobs recently. I receive regular updates via my LinkedIn service that tells me just how many of my contacts have changed their job and the number blows my mind! Finding a job is challenging indeed, however, more and more folks are turning to Twitter for that edge.
Carnival Of The Geospatialists #4 - Musings and Down-Right Cool Things Shared by the Geo Faithful
- Once again another wander around the web and some cool Geo Musings to share in an edition of the Carnival of the GeoSpatialists... cool, fun things from the GeoGeek Community - Enjoy!
10 Awesome Technology Career Opportunities for GeoGeeks, Geo developers and Geo Pros
- I love sharing and I really dig helping people. So, for some Friday fun I've elected top spend 20 minutes of my time putting together an awesome list of HOT Career opportunities for Geo/Tech professionals. Hopefully I can help bring together an employer and some talent - good luck!
Is your company, your app, your service, or you social media (twitter, facebook, YouTube,linkedIn group) listed in the GISuser Industry Directory? Get your Free GISuser Directory Listing HERE!
MapMart Teams with OnTerra Systems To Add Worldwide Bing Maps Coverage To The MapMart Cloud
- Subscribers to this Bing Maps image capture service will be able to stream Bing Maps content directly into their current projects for base mapping, reference, and feature extraction.
5 Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Doesn't Suck
Apps & Services
Data & Earth Imaging
- Ok, you have some news, BIG news... now what? Well, if you have a PR or marketing person or department then no doubt you'll be sending out a press release. The following is 5 tips for a better press release, some useful tips from experts, and some related how to tools.
@gletham Social Tips
... Here's and interesting look at social media and PR Press Releases Shared More on Facebook, But Twitter Drives 30 Percent More Views
- some interesting findings. Want More? Check out this
FYI, you can now Circle GISuser on Google+ - Find us HERE
More news - LBSZONE.com /
GIS news archive /
GIS RSS feed
|Sponsored by Penn State World Campus|
Professionals in the demanding field of GIS and geospatial intelligence can advance their skills, knowledge, and careers through the highly regarded online graduate programs, offered by Penn State's World Campus. Get the flexibility of online courses - studying whenever and where you want - plus ongoing interaction with expert educators and fellow graduate students.
Visit Penn State World Campus online for more info.
Got news... Send your news, tips, article submissions or ? to
Your Guide to the Latest and Greatest Mobile Operating System iOS 5
- Now iOS 5 has been released, providing updates, tweaks and brand new features to make the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad even better and easier to use than before. Looking for more iPhone, iPad and iOS news and tips? See HERE
Got details of a cool Geo app, WMS, or other service? Contact us
We maintain a huge GEO industry directory
with hundreds of listings. Are you listed? Make sure your company gets listed... we offer a Free, basic listing, or a more detailed, enhanced option
for a little more exposure and some awesome added SEO!
Featured Listing Penn state
- This 11-credit certificate program is designed to help you acquire cutting-edge skills that you can immediately apply in the workplace, and it fulfills the requirements of the first year of Penn State's world-class online master's degree program in GIS.
Get Listed HERE
Each day in this section we'll update you about Geospatial conferences, training, seminars,
webinars, and relevant events. Feel free to make a suggestion for future consideration and be sure to see our Events Calendar. A Tip... Are you a on LinkedIn? If so then consider connecting with over 10,000 other GIS professionals via our GISuser LinkedIn Group and see also our facebook Page!
where the people working on and using location technologies come together to explore best practices and emerging trends in software development, tools, business strategies, and marketing. April 2-4, 20112, San Francisco, CA.
Esri Developer Summit - The Esri Developer Summit (DevSummit) brings together developers and GIS professionals from all over the globe. March 26-29, 2012 in Palm Springs, CA. The DevSummit features user presentations detailing GIS success stories, technical sessions on hot topics and new software functionality, and one-on-one advice from Esri development staff.
Call for Participation Geoweb Summit Spring 2012 - Our fourth semi-annual Geoweb Summit is on the calendar for Thursday evening, May 17, at Dumbo Spot in Brooklyn, New York.
View news about future events and webinars HERE
Interested in having GISuser help promote or deliver your webinar? Contact us
Send your event info to editor[at]gisuser.com to make sure you get listed in the Calendar
Senior Software Test Lead, Esri
- Use your test planning, customer interaction, and release management skills to facilitate software testing and release to customers. In this role you will be part of ensuring high quality releases of software products and solutions.
Product Manager - Linear Referencing (Esri)
- Guide a team that is charged with defining, building, and releasing software products focused on linear referencing systems and highway data management. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Geospatial Web Application Developer, VA
- NBT is currently looking for full and part-time Junior Web Application Developers to assist with the implementation of a variety of projects - including several geospatial application development projects - in its Buffalo, NY, Portland, ME, and Williamsburg, VA offices. Preference will be given to candidates local to the Williamsburg, Virginia office.
GIS Mapping Specialist ,Texas
- Entry-level GIS Specialist position which involves mapping and editing land parcels using ESRI ArcGIS software. Bachelor's Degree in Geography or related field required. Knowledge of basic land principles and property descriptions a plus. Must be organized, detail oriented and able to work well in a team environment. Salary plus full benefits.
Do you need a GIS professional on your team? Post Your Career Ad HERE for just $29
or ask us about our annual Career Posting Account option - unlimited job posting for a whole year! Post your job online and you'll also get attention via the GISuser LinkedIn Group and Twitter!
(To list your HOT Job for some added exposure and support our efforts, contact jobs at
gisuser.com - List your Career opportunity online for 60 days and right here in the newsletter)
Send your job ad to jobs[at]gisuser.com
<< Go To The career center >>
We maintain the fun, educational, and informative tech blog
AnyGeo - Anything geospatial. Look for tips, tricks, and commentary about GIS, Geo, mobile, social, and basically, anything geospatial!
LiDAR as Art!
|Sponsored by the University of Denver|
The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, and the Department of Geography are partnering to offer a Master of Science in Geographic Information Science delivered online for working adults. This online Master's Degree in Geographic Information Sciences recognizes the emerging importance of geographic information science and the importance of integrating advanced study in geographic information systems, remote sensing, and global positioning systems with traditional studies in human, cultural, and physical geography.
Learn more about the University of Denver's Master of Science in Geographic Information Science
The following resources and information leads have been recently posted to the Spatial Media properties:
you can connect with more than 18,000+ other GIS professionals via LinkedIn
via our popular GIS Professionals Group
- Also, connect with 2500 others via the GISuser facebook page
77 Features For Windows 7 That Every IT Professional Should Know About
- Windows 7 builds on Windows Vista's positives and eliminates many of the negatives. It adds new functionality, is less resource-hungry, and starts and shuts down noticeably faster. Whether you're upgrading from Vista or moving up from Windows XP, these 77 tips and tricks, along with other new and enhanced features, deliver improved performance and productivity, better troubleshooting, stronger security, and a whole lot more
Enterprise Mobility for Dummies
- Enterprise mobility concerns employees at every level. As you plan for 2012, let this book show you how easy it can be to mobilize--and transform--your enterprise.
From application development and deployment to management and security, any company can do it. Download your eBook guide now!
Top 5 Tips for Choosing Mobile Computers
- Dozens of manufacturers offer hundreds of devices in thousands of configurations, but only one may be best suited for your particular environment and workforce.
ADVERTISE with Spatial Media LLC (GISuser.com, Amerisurv.com, MachineControlOnline.com, LiDARNews & LBSzone.com)Spatial Media LLC GISuser.com Media Kit
- our Media kit with rates and ad options is now available for those
interested in reaching customers via GISuser.com,LBSzone.com, SymbianOne.com, Amerisurv.com, and The American Surveyor Magazine. Interested in reaching a large, targeted audience of geospatial technology end-users, LBS professionals, technology managers, and key decision makers? Don't forget to start planning your 2011 ad placement and promotions with GISuser now!
more details and sponsorship information for online banner ads, newsletter sponsorship, and email list